all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* diary scheduling
@ 2008-05-27  2:01 B. T. Raven
From: B. T. Raven @ 2008-05-27  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On May 26, 6:00 pm, Daniel <danielgol...@gmail.com> wrote:
 > > I have many events which repeat weekly. I have been adding them to the
 > > diary like this:
 > >
 > > Tuesday 6:00pm cook dinner
 > >
 > > The problem comes when on a particular day I am doing something that
 > > replaces my regularly scheduled task. For example:
 > >
 > > May 27, 2008 5:00pm-7:00pm see movie
 > >
 > > Is there a way to "remove" repeat tasks for a particular date? Any
 > > help gratefully appreciated.
 > >
 > > d.

??? wtf?
Open a new topic man

You may be able to use sexp diary entry if you can specify the
conditions algorithmically, but that's advanced stuff. Of course you can
just edit your diary file after the fact. In the calendar buffer just
press s
Delete line, e.g. "Tuesday 6:00pm cook dinner"
Save buffer. Of course now your weekly chore has been deleted so its
better to leave the time-slot collision and just do
move to date in calendar buffer
i d
5:00-7:00pm whatever - no dinner.
either before or after the "cook dinner" line.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-05-27  2:01 UTC | newest]