all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#15306: add python3 to interpreter-mode-alist
@ 2013-09-08  3:15 Peter Eisentraut
From: Peter Eisentraut @ 2013-09-08  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 15306

Please add "python3" to interpreter-mode-alist by default, mapping to
python-mode.

* bug#15306: add python3 to interpreter-mode-alist
@ 2013-09-08 23:58 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-09-08 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Eisentraut; +Cc: 15306

Seems to me like it would be nice if interpreter-mode-alist were treated
as a list of _regexps_. Eg on one system I seem to have python2,
python2.6, python3, python3.3, python3.3m, python3m.

* bug#15306: add python3 to interpreter-mode-alist
@ 2013-09-10 19:43   ` Peter Eisentraut
From: Peter Eisentraut @ 2013-09-10 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 15306

On 9/8/13 7:58 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Seems to me like it would be nice if interpreter-mode-alist were treated
> as a list of _regexps_. Eg on one system I seem to have python2,
> python2.6, python3, python3.3, python3.3m, python3m.

Yes, but those are not normally used in shebang lines.  The recommended
entry points for Python are "python", "python2" (only used on some
operating systems), and "python3".  (see
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0394/)  So short of a major redesign
of interpreter-mode-alist, I think adding "python3" and probably
"python2" is reasonable.

* bug#15306: add python3 to interpreter-mode-alist
@ 2013-09-10 20:40   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-09-10 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 15306-done

Version: 24.4

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Seems to me like it would be nice if interpreter-mode-alist were treated
> as a list of _regexps_.

Done.
(I discovered it used to be documented as behaving that way anyway:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-08/msg00472.html )