all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Seg Faults in builds with mapi=64
@ 2003-05-01 13:29 ahall
From: ahall @ 2003-05-01 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

mips-sgi-irix6.5

In versions 21.1 and 21.2 I get frequent set faults
at the World.

These started after emacs was  rebuilt with mabi=64 to
enable handling of subprocesses with enormous process-ids.

Unfortunately gdb is not useful as the  has overwritten the
stack so gdb can't trace it.

Does anyone have any idea how to get to the root of this
problem?

I am a pretester of emacs at another location, but have
not heard of this one.  So I doubt 21.3 has fixed it.

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in ...)

* Re: Seg Faults in builds with mapi=64
@ 2003-05-02  7:06 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-05-02  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

    Unfortunately gdb is not useful as the  has overwritten the
    stack so gdb can't trace it.

    Does anyone have any idea how to get to the root of this
    problem?

The only think I can suggest is to try to put in a conditional
call to abort at a point before the stack gets clobbered.