all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* font-lock: limiting anchored match region
@ 2021-11-29 16:38 Marcus Harnisch
From: Marcus Harnisch @ 2021-11-29 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

PRE-FORM of an anchored matcher allows for extending the match region
beyond the end of the current line (which is the default limit). Is
there any reason why that limit can't be changed to a position before
the end of line? What would be a good workaround? Narrowing the buffer
in PRE-FORM, widening in POST-FORM?

Thanks,
Marcus

* Re: font-lock: limiting anchored match region
@ 2021-11-30  0:33 ` Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-11-30  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Marcus Harnisch [2021-11-29 17:38:49] wrote:
> PRE-FORM of an anchored matcher allows for extending the match region beyond
> the end of the current line (which is the default limit). Is there any
> reason why that limit can't be changed to a position before the end of line?

No there is no reason, which is why it is not the case that "that limit

@ 2021-11-30  9:01   ` Marcus Harnisch
From: Marcus Harnisch @ 2021-11-30  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 30/11/2021 01.33, Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs
text editor wrote:
> No there is no reason, which is why it is not the case that "that limit
> can't be changed to a position before the end of line".

Ah, never mind. I was staring at the screen for way too long. Sorry for
the noise.

Thanks,
Marcus