all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Home button. M-x shell vs. M-x eshell.
@ 2008-02-07 10:56 David
From: David @ 2008-02-07 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Using M-x shell my home button returns the cursor to the first
character after the prompt so I can immediately edit the first part of
any commands at the prompt. Nice. In M-x eshell the home button
returns the cursor to the start of the line, i.e. the left hand side
of the prompt. Not nice. I have to hit a few more keys to get to the
prompt and start editting the command there.

How can the home button in eshell have the functionality as home
button in shell?

cheers
David

--
David Pleydell

Laboratoire de Biologie Environnementale
USC INRA-EA 3184
Université de Franche-Comté
Place Leclerc F
25030
Besançon
France

(0033) 0381665763
dpleydel@univ-fcomte.fr

* Re: Home button. M-x shell vs. M-x eshell.
       [not found] <mailman.7087.1202378196.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-02-07 17:14 ` Martin Fischer
From: Martin Fischer @ 2008-02-07 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

  > any commands at the prompt. Nice. In M-x eshell the home button
  > returns the cursor to the start of the line, i.e. the left hand side
  > of the prompt. Not nice. I have to hit a few more keys to get to the
  > prompt and start editting the command there.

What happens, if you start emacs with the command line option "-Q" ?

--
parozusa at web dot de