all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* customize themed face
@ 2013-11-03 12:20 Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2013-11-03 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I'm trying to customize the face `bm-face` (from the bm.el package from
<https://github.com/joodland/bm>), but somehow I can't get rid of the
fore- and background colors. I'm using the anti-zenburn-theme, which
somehow seems to have something to do with the problem.

If I run `emacs -Q` and then load the file bm.el, I can use Customize to
unset the colors and add an underline. If I load anti-zenburn-theme.el,
the colors are set to those specified in the theme and they stay that
way, even if I uncheck them in the Customize buffer.

Only doing

(set-face-attribute 'bm-face nil :underline t :foreground nil :background nil)

works, i.e., explicitly setting fore- and background to nil.

Is this expected behaviour for themed faces? Or should I report this as
a bug?

Emacs is 24.3, BTW.

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm