all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* text colors
@ 2008-05-27 18:39 notbob
       [not found] ` <mailman.12302.1211917025.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: notbob @ 2008-05-27 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've moved to another linux box w/ diff mobo.  Although I've set up almost
identically, emacs is diff due to diff vid chipset.  The mini-buffer is now
such a dark blue, I can't even see it (geezer eyes).  How do I change
default colors?

(damn, I gotta buy some new hardware!  ;)

nb

* Re: text colors
@ 2008-05-27 19:36 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.12302.1211917025.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-05-27 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notbob; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 27.05.2008 um 18:39 schrieb notbob:

> How do I change default colors?

You could use a "colour theme" or invoke describe-face. The *Help*
buffer will have a hyperlink to the customisation interface in which
you can change the colour (and more face attributes).

--
Greetings

   Pete

Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one
that corrupts your file?
				– Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy

* Re: text colors
       [not found] ` <mailman.12302.1211917025.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-05-30 18:02   ` notbob
From: notbob @ 2008-05-30 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2008-05-27, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> You could use a "colour theme" or invoke describe-face.

I found M-x list-faces-display and used that to edit.  Thanks for the tip.

> Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one
> that corrupts your file?

Naw.... it's got three modes: sucks, sucks more, and eat-doody-and-die.

nb

-- vi is the heart of all evil!