all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem with customizing the way emacs looks
@ 2007-09-14 15:53 dxs
From: dxs @ 2007-09-14 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I'm running emacs 21.4.1 on ubuntu.

Previously, I was using Fedora. I made quite a few customizations of how
emacs looks through .Xresources and .Xdefaults files. Now, I just copied my
"old" .Xresources and .Xdefaults into my home directory on ubuntu and a very
strange thing happens:

when I start emacs up, for a splitting second it looks as prescribed in
.Xresources and .Xdefaults, but then it immediately changes to look as it
did before I changed .Xresources and .Xdefaults.

Why this strange behaviour and how to fix it?

Thanks a million,
Dmitry.