all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Lots o' buffers, possible bug?
@ 2007-05-24  2:38 Amy Templeton
       [not found] ` <mailman.1161.1180015867.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Amy Templeton @ 2007-05-24  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, all...

So I've been using Emacs CVS (currently 22.1.50.3, if you must
know) for a while now. Occasionally, after it's been up for a
while, it'll start making buffers appear when I'm trying to use
iswitchb to switch buffers--it makes buffers show up for
everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. There's one for the minibuffer,
one tons of subprocesses (lots of W3M-related things, GNUS related
things, etc., that don't normally show up), etc. And there are so
many it's pretty hard to tell what I'm actually looking for.

Anyway, this behavior tends to show up when I've got several
processes running (i.e., EMMS, ERC/Bitlbee, W3M, GNUS, editing
something, etc.), so I'm not sure what exactly is the origin of
this problem. Has anybody else had experience with this? If so,
what can be done about it, if anything?

Thanks,
Amy

--
Don't plan any hasty moves. You'll be evicted soon anyway.

* Re: Lots o' buffers, possible bug?
       [not found] <mailman.1124.1179973917.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-05-24  3:16 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-05-24  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> So I've been using Emacs CVS (currently 22.1.50.3, if you must
> know) for a while now. Occasionally, after it's been up for a
> while, it'll start making buffers appear when I'm trying to use
> iswitchb to switch buffers--it makes buffers show up for
> everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. There's one for the minibuffer,
> one tons of subprocesses (lots of W3M-related things, GNUS related
> things, etc., that don't normally show up), etc. And there are so
> many it's pretty hard to tell what I'm actually looking for.

> Anyway, this behavior tends to show up when I've got several
> processes running (i.e., EMMS, ERC/Bitlbee, W3M, GNUS, editing
> something, etc.), so I'm not sure what exactly is the origin of
> this problem. Has anybody else had experience with this? If so,
> what can be done about it, if anything?

Didn't you modify the value of `iswitchb-buffer-ignore'?  If it
is nil or is a regexp not matching a string beginning with SPC,
it will happen.

* Re: Lots o' buffers, possible bug?
@ 2007-05-24 13:53 ` Eric Hanchrow
       [not found] ` <mailman.1161.1180015867.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eric Hanchrow @ 2007-05-24 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    Amy> ... I'm trying to use iswitchb to switch buffers--it
    Amy> makes buffers show up for everything.

I bet you hit C-n by accident after you hit C-b.  Try hitting it
again; it toggles iswitchb-toggle-ignore.

--
Keaton, Chaplin, Garbo - let them now make room for Gromit.
        A. O. Scott, in The New York Times

@ 2007-05-24 14:33   ` Maarten Bergvelt
From: Maarten Bergvelt @ 2007-05-24 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In article <mailman.1161.1180015867.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> [snip]
> Keaton, Chaplin, Garbo - let them now make room for Gromit.

What, you are telling me Gromit is dead?

--
Maarten Bergvelt

* Re: Lots o' buffers, possible bug?
@ 2007-05-24 21:16   ` Amy Templeton
From: Amy Templeton @ 2007-05-24 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Eric Hanchrow <offby1@blarg.net>
>     Amy> ... I'm trying to use iswitchb to switch buffers--it
>     Amy> makes buffers show up for everything.

> I bet you hit C-n by accident after you hit C-b. Try hitting it
> again; it toggles iswitchb-toggle-ignore.

Aha! I sure did. Thank you very much.

Amy

--
Learning without thought is labor lost;