all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to change the name of the window
@ 2006-05-30 11:43 Saïd
From: Saïd @ 2006-05-30 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Hi,

 I have several emacs runing, I would like to change the name of the
different windows so I can find them fast (instead emacs@host, somthing like
"main_program" or "The Library stuff" would be helpful).

 Thank you for your help.

--
Saïd.
 "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny

* Re: How to change the name of the window
@ 2006-05-30 13:44 ` Hans-Christoph Wirth
From: Hans-Christoph Wirth @ 2006-05-30 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Saïd <said@brian.lan> wrote:

>   I have several emacs runing, I would like to change the name of the
>  different windows so I can find them fast (instead emacs@host, somthing like
>  "main_program" or "The Library stuff" would be helpful).
>
>   Thank you for your help.

(set-frame-name "The library stuff")

* Re: How to change the name of the window
@ 2006-05-30 14:11   ` Saïd
From: Saïd @ 2006-05-30 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans-Christoph Wirth :
> Saïd <said@brian.lan> wrote:
>>
>>   I have several emacs runing, I would like to change the name of the
>>  different windows so I can find them fast (instead emacs@host, somthing like
>>  "main_program" or "The Library stuff" would be helpful).
>>
>>   Thank you for your help.
>
> (set-frame-name "The library stuff")

 Thanks.

--

@ 2006-05-30 16:57 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-05-30 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Saïd wrote:
>  I have several emacs runing, I would like to change the name of the
> different windows so I can find them fast (instead emacs@host, somthing like
> "main_program" or "The Library stuff" would be helpful).

(setq frame-title-format "%b")

--
Kevin