all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Comment problem java-mode
@ 2006-01-07 22:10 Lars Knoesel
From: Lars Knoesel @ 2006-01-07 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a little comment problem within java-mode (GNU Emacs 21.4.1).

public class AClass
{
    public AClass()
    {
	try {
	    // This is a comment and after reaching the end
    of line the comment is broken.

How can I solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Lars

* Re: Comment problem java-mode
@ 2006-01-08 10:09 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2006-01-08 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Knoesel <obsd@arcor.de> wrote on 07 Jan 2006 22:10:23 GMT:
> Hi,

> I have a little comment problem within java-mode (GNU Emacs 21.4.1).

> public class AClass
> {
>     public AClass()
>     {
> 	try {
> 	    // This is a comment and after reaching the end
>     of line the comment is broken.

> How can I solve this problem?

Er, what is the problem, exactly?  I think you're saying that as you type
a (longish) comment, it gets broken automatically (which is probably what
you want) but the new line doesn't automatically get the comment opener
"//".

Do you still get the problem if you start Emacs without your own
configuration?  (Start Emacs with the command line

# "emacs --no-site-file -q"

.)

If you can't sort this out, please do one of two things: (i) Upgrade to
the newest CC Mode, available from <http://cc-mode.sf.net/release.php>;
or (ii) Use C-c C-b to get a dump of your configuration, then post that
here.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter