all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* boilerplate expansion module?
@ 2003-05-14 20:32 Ignoramus13246
From: Ignoramus13246 @ 2003-05-14 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am looking for some extension that would let me insert boilerplate
text. For example. Let's say that I have a legal disclaimer saying
"author is not responsible for errors and omissions". And instead of
typing it, I would define boilerplate phrase "discl1" to be "author is
not responsible for errors and omissions". Then as I type text, I
would enter discl1, press some key like M-M-b, and it would replace
discl1 with the actual phrase.

Any suggestions?

I use xemacs btw.