all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Trouble ignoring cvs message with pcl-cvs mode
@ 2002-09-20 14:40 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2002-09-20 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am getting these annoying messages when I do a cvs-examine

Message: cvs server: New directory `discussion' -- ignored
Message: cvs server: New directory `editorial' -- ignored
Message: cvs server: New directory `equipes' -- ignored

I have tried to set the cvs-parse-ignore-messages variable like thus:

(setq cvs-parse-ignored-messages '(".*New directory.*ignored.$"))

bu pcl-cvs is still displaying the messages. Have I missed something?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ivan

* Re: Trouble ignoring cvs message with pcl-cvs mode
@ 2002-09-20 15:00 ` Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2002-09-20 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

ivank@juliva.com (Ivan Kanis) writes:

> I am getting these annoying messages when I do a cvs-examine
>
> Message: cvs server: New directory `discussion' -- ignored
> Message: cvs server: New directory `editorial' -- ignored
> Message: cvs server: New directory `equipes' -- ignored
>
> I have tried to set the cvs-parse-ignore-messages variable like thus:
>
> (setq cvs-parse-ignored-messages '(".*New directory.*ignored.$"))

Does this work?

(setq cvs-parse-ignored-messages '(".*New directory.*ignored$"))

> bu pcl-cvs is still displaying the messages. Have I missed something?

Lute.

--
(spook) => "quiche UFO threat"
(insert-file-contents "~/.signature") => (error "`~/.signature' too rude")

* Re: Trouble ignoring cvs message with pcl-cvs mode
@ 2002-09-20 15:02 ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2002-09-20 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Ivan> Hello,

  Ivan> I am getting these annoying messages when I do a cvs-examine

  Ivan> Message: cvs server: New directory `discussion' -- ignored
  Ivan> Message: cvs server: New directory `editorial' -- ignored
  Ivan> Message: cvs server: New directory `equipes' -- ignored

  Ivan> I have tried to set the cvs-parse-ignore-messages variable
  Ivan> like thus:

  Ivan> (setq cvs-parse-ignored-messages '(".*New
  Ivan> directory.*ignored.$"))

  Ivan> bu pcl-cvs is still displaying the messages. Have I missed
  Ivan> something?

  Ivan> Your help would be greatly appreciated!

If memory services this means that the is a directory in the
repository that you do not have in your workfile. If you do
cvs-update, these directories will be created. Or cvs update -d from
the command line.

This works unless you have empty directories in your
repository. pcl-cvs uses the -P option to prune empty directories from
your work files. Then you are stuffed. CVS just doesn't version
directories. Once you create them, they are there for ever. Unless you
delete them from the repository. If you do this though, you will loose
the "attic" which is where remove files are kept, which is fine,
unless you try and restore tagged versions which include files which
have been subsequently deleted.

Ho hum.

Phil

* Re: Trouble ignoring cvs message with pcl-cvs mode
@ 2002-09-23 11:54   ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2002-09-23 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lute Kamstra <Lute.Kamstra@cwi.nl> wrote in message news:<sgdlm5wso2j.fsf@occarina.pna.cwi.nl>...
> ivank@juliva.com (Ivan Kanis) writes:
> > I am getting these annoying messages when I do a cvs-examine
> > Message: cvs server: New directory `discussion' -- ignored

> Does this work?
>
> (setq cvs-parse-ignored-messages '(".*New directory.*ignored$"))

It still doesn't work. Has anyonw used this variable? It doesn't seem to work.
Or I might be missing something?

Ivan