Ruijie Yu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" writes: > In that case, I had my semi-parallel second proposal: provide a command > that checks for a group of variables and see if types of all variables > within the group (or its subgroups) are correct. Regarding the second proposal: I have quickly hacked together a functional example of type checking, see the attachment. If we think this should be integrated into Emacs, I can make some minor edits and propose a patch. In that case, I would probably put the functions somewhere in cus-edit.el or custom.el. Note that at the moment it depends on the internal function `custom--standard-value', which is a one-line function accessing a property of the symbol.