On Thu, Jul 03 2008, Alexander Pohoyda wrote: > The url-automatic-caching variable is nil by default, so cache is not > written (even the cache directory is not created). However, if I manually > provide "If-Modified-Since" header in HTTP request and the server responds > with "Not Modified 304", the cache file is expected to exists and is > accessed -- which leads to error. > > Possible solution -- before accessing the cache file, check whether it exists (url-is-cached). > Alternatively, do not expect a cache to exist if url-automatic-caching is set to nil. I'm not sure this is really a bug after all. If you send a "If-Modified-Since" header, you have to already own a copy of the content. If what you propose is to return an empty buffer if there's no cache, that does not seems like the good solution neither. And I would not see the point to re-request the URL without the IMS header neither. 304 code is only returned if the client has done a conditional request, which should be the case *only* if it has a cached copy. Otherwise it's no sense. -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info