On Wed, Jun 09 2010, Stefan Monnier wrote: > Since the spec says "must be valid UTF-8", I think that SDATA(object) > might even be better than encoding to utf-8 since encoding to utf-8 will > turn eight-bit-byte chars into raw bytes which will likely not make > a valid utf-8 output. I clearly not have enough inside myself to decide what's the best approach. I can provide a good patch if needed, but I'm also quite sure any of you can fix it correctly. So as long as someone push a patch I'll be happy. :-) -- Julien Danjou // ᐰ http://julien.danjou.info