all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* finding files not visited
@ 2011-09-14 11:10 Andrea Crotti
From: Andrea Crotti @ 2011-09-14 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU Emacs List

I'm working on a code-base (python) which is very nested, in a Java-like
style, and there are really thousands of files.

I would like to access easily to files even if they are not visited yet.

My idea is that if I am on path X on disk pressing C-x C-f would show me
first the current files, then writing something which is not found could
look for (with find for example) in the subdirectories to find the file
that I wanted.

Is it possible to achieve something like this?

Thanks,
Andrea