all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: emacs is slow  while processing a big file
@ 2006-04-06  8:53 Saravanan M D
From: Saravanan M D @ 2006-04-06  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

It is a verilog file (text) and its size is 17MB. The mode is verilog.

Saravanan M D <Saravanan.MD@arm.com> wrote on Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:55:39
+0530:

>> I am using emacs-21.3. When i open a big file and navigate through it.
>> It is very slow even to get to the next page. If i open the same file
>> with gvim it is faster. what should i do to speed up this.

Well, you could start by telling us a bit more about the file! What
"mode" was it loaded in, i.e. was it a text file, a C source file, or
what? How big was it? Is there anything else noteworthy about the file?

>> Thanks,
>> saravanan
>

>> IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
>> confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
>> recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
>> contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy
>> the information in any medium.

Whoops, sorry, too late! I've actually read your email. I've actually
stored its contents. Sorry!

* emacs is slow  while processing a big file
@ 2006-04-06  4:25 Saravanan M D