all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* the emacs vs cscope problem
@ 2003-03-15  3:28 boris
From: boris @ 2003-03-15  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I could use the cscope in Emacs with xcscope.el
developed by Darryl Okahata. And the Cscope menu
has been appeared on the menu bar. However when I
search a function(C-c s d), which will be defined in many files,
the cscope could show the file list and line number.
But when i move on the selected file and press ENTER,
nothing happens, the emacs tells me Buffer is read-only:
#<buffer *cscope*> instead jumping to the selected file. :(
Do I miss sth? thanks.

Emacs 21.2.1
Cscope 15.3

# cd /home/work/proj1
# cscope -b -R
# cscope-index -r -v -f cscope.out
# emacs app.c   //search in app.c

* Re: the emacs vs cscope problem
@ 2003-03-17 10:25 ` Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2003-03-17 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

    boris> has been appeared on the menu bar. However when I
    boris> search a function(C-c s d), which will be defined in many files,
    boris> the cscope could show the file list and line number.
    boris> But when i move on the selected file and press ENTER,
    boris> nothing happens, the emacs tells me Buffer is read-only:
    boris> #<buffer *cscope*> instead jumping to the selected file. :(
    boris> Do I miss sth? thanks.

what does "C-h k RET", i.e describe-key "RET", say?
Is it bound to cscope-select-entry-other-window?

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
Lowery's Law:
 If it jams -- force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

* Re: the emacs vs cscope problem
@ 2003-03-18 11:34   ` boris
From: boris @ 2003-03-18 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

After M-x global-set-key to define RET to cscope-select-entry-other-window,
it works !!!

thanks :)

boris

"Klaus Zeitler" <kzeitler+usenet@gsm-mailhost.de.lucent.com> wrote in
message news:q5g8yvei91y.fsf@lucent.com...

@ 2003-03-18 12:00   ` boris
From: boris @ 2003-03-18 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

oops, how to define RET in .emacs?
I have tried
(global-set-key [return]  'cscope-select-entry-other-window)
and (global-set-key "\13"  'cscope-select-entry-other-window)
none of it works :(
any pointers? thanks.

@ 2003-03-19  9:43     ` Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2003-03-19  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

    boris>
    boris> oops, how to define RET in .emacs?
    boris> I have tried
    boris> (global-set-key [return]  'cscope-select-entry-other-window)
    boris> and (global-set-key "\13"  'cscope-select-entry-other-window)
    boris> none of it works :(
    boris> any pointers? thanks.

(global-set-key "\C-m" 'cscope-select-entry-other-window)

but I can't imagine that you want this as a global definition.
You better bind this with local-set-key in cscope-list-entry-hook.
But this should be defined by default in cscope-list-entry-mode.
Seems you overwrite this somehow in your private setups.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
Indecision is the true basis for flexibility.