Richard Stallman writes: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > The manual procedure for making the package work is not simple, > > requiring one to navigate Google's "development console" in order > > to create keys and such. > > I have to guess at what that means, but I suspect this is an > unacceptable problem. I think the dependence on Google needs to be > eliminated entirely before we can have this in GNU. Most Google > services require the user to run nonfree software -- does this? For > moral reasons we can't recommend that people run that. > > Also, the conditions for a Google account are unacceptable. For > moral reasons we can't recommend that people make those accounts. Yes -- for a variety of reasons, I don't think this is a good candidate for inclusion in ELPA or Emacs itself, but should stay as a standalone package (added to MELPA whenever I have the time or somebody else does it). Strictly speaking, there is no dependency on Google at all in the package: it should work with any "XOAUTH2-compliant server." In practice, however, Gmail is the only reason people need support for XOAUTH2 authentication mechanisms, so it's a moot point. Best, -- Cesar Crusius