all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#5759: Incorrect credits
@ 2010-03-23 19:59 Geoff Kuenning
From: Geoff Kuenning @ 2010-03-23 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 5759

I just stumbled across the following text in the "Acknowledgments"
section of the Emacs info files:

   * Geoff Kuenning wrote Emacs 19's `ispell.el', based on work by Ken
     Stevens and others.

That's incorrect; I had almost nothing to do with ispell.el other than
helping to get it published.  I'm responsible only for ispell itself.
The correct attribution should be:

   * Walt Buehring and Ashwin Ram created the first `ispell.el'.  Ken
     Stevens then overhauled it for Emacs 19.
--
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff@cs.hmc.edu   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

is.  If you don't, it's its.  Then too, it's hers.  It isn't her's.  It
isn't our's either.  It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.

* bug#5759: Incorrect credits
@ 2010-03-24  3:03 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-03-24  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 5759-done

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry about the mistake (now corrected).