all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how can tell emacs not to load desktop when invoked by mutt?
@ 2003-04-24  1:04 wang yin
From: wang yin @ 2003-04-24  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I set my mutt's editor variable to "emacs -nw" :)
But I use the "desktop package". So every time I reply a mail, emacs
will start over again and load ~/.emacs

I have desktop sessions saved with the desktop package.
And loading the session is slow. I don't want these lines to be
executed from time to time when I reply or compose mail:

(load "desktop")
(desktop-load-default)
(desktop-read)

But I'm new to Emacs, and I don't know how to tell emacs it's invoked
by mutt. The hint to emacs, I think it that it's file name is
/tmp/mutt-myloginname-date.

Can anyone give an example how to set a conditional? Thanks!

--
Wang Yin
DA Lab, Tsinghua University,