all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* "TAB" in kbd macro doesn't work with "emacs -nw" (LINUX)
@ 2007-02-06 13:08 efrem
From: efrem @ 2007-02-06 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: oleg-zhukov

Hello,

if I put into .emacs this definition

	(fset 'nnn
   [?\C-a ?\C-n tab])
(global-set-key [f1] 'nnn)

then it works well  if I start  like "emacs  ..."
but if I start "emacs -nw " then if I press [f1] then I get the
message like

"After 0 kbd macro iterations: Keyboard macro terminated by a command
ringing the bell"

The same message  comes also if I type  "M-x nnn".

It seems that something wrong with "TAB" for "emacs -nw" mode.
Is it possible to solve this problem?

Regards
Oleg

* Re: "TAB" in kbd macro doesn't work with "emacs -nw" (LINUX)
@ 2007-02-06 15:14 ` Harald Hanche-Olsen
From: Harald Hanche-Olsen @ 2007-02-06 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

+ "efrem" <oleg-zhukov@hotmail.ru>:

| if I put into .emacs this definition
|
| 	(fset 'nnn
|    [?\C-a ?\C-n tab])
| (global-set-key [f1] 'nnn)
|
| then it works well  if I start  like "emacs  ..."
| but if I start "emacs -nw " then if I press [f1] then I get the
| message like
|
| "After 0 kbd macro iterations: Keyboard macro terminated by a command
| ringing the bell"

If you replace tab by ?\C-i then it should work.

Hint:  Type C-h c TAB in GUI mode.  You should see a message like

TAB (translated from <tab>) runs the command ...

TAB here means the same as ?\C-i while <tab> means the physical TAB key.

  -- Bertrand Russell

* Re: "TAB" in kbd macro doesn't work with "emacs -nw" (LINUX)
@ 2007-02-08  8:52   ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2007-02-08  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
> If you replace tab by ?\C-i then it should work.

?\t

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA