all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* syntax highlighting wierdness in 21.3
@ 2004-11-17 14:55 Erik Arner
From: Erik Arner @ 2004-11-17 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I recently installed Linux Fedora Core 3 along with the Emacs that was
included in the distro (21.3.1).

The syntax highlighting doesn't seem to work correctly for c++-mode.
Consider the following line:

int main(int argc, char** argv)

In my previous version (21.2.1, Fedora Core 2) this was colored as follows:

int - green
main - blue
( - black
int - green
argc - yellow
, - black
char - green
** - black
argv - yellow
) - black

Now everything is green except the parens and the comma.

What gives?

Thanks,

Erik

--
My Hotmail address is a spam magnet. If replying by email,
please use erik dot arner at cgb dot ki dot se

* Re: syntax highlighting wierdness in 21.3
@ 2004-11-17 15:26 ` Erik Arner
From: Erik Arner @ 2004-11-17 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:55:38 +0100, Erik Arner wrote:

> Now everything is green except the parens and the comma.
>
> What gives?

Never mind, I installed the latest version of cc-mode and everything is
back to normal. Seems to be a bug in cc-mode 5.28.

/Erik

--

@ 2004-11-17 15:33 ` martin
From: martin @ 2004-11-17 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

"EA" == Erik Arner <erik_arner@hotmail.com> writes:
 EA> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:55:38 +0100
 EA>
 EA> Hi, I recently installed Linux Fedora Core 3 along with the Emacs
 EA> that was included in the distro (21.3.1).
 EA>
 EA> The syntax highlighting doesn't seem to work correctly for
 EA> c++-mode.  Consider the following line:
 EA>
 EA> int main(int argc, char** argv)
 EA>
 EA> In my previous version (21.2.1, Fedora Core 2) this was colored
 EA> as follows:
 EA>
 EA> int - green
 EA> main - blue
 EA> ( - black
 EA> int - green
 EA> argc - yellow
 EA> , - black
 EA> char - green
 EA> ** - black
 EA> argv - yellow
 EA> ) - black
 EA>
 EA> Now everything is green except the parens and the comma.
 EA>
 EA> What gives?

what is the result if you start emcas with the options --no-site-file
--no-init-file, turn font locking on (M-x global-font-lock-mode RET)
and load your test file into emacs ?

 EA> Thanks,
 EA>
 EA> Erik
 EA>
 EA> --
 EA> My Hotmail address is a spam magnet. If replying by email,
 EA> please use erik dot arner at cgb dot ki dot se

--
martin dot fischer at boschrexroth dot de