all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Colors in emacs?
@ 2004-10-29 17:13 JS
From: JS @ 2004-10-29 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I get colors to work in emacs when you write "fun, if then else" etc?
I have also heard that emacs makes purple parenteses if there is a wrong
number of them, how do I make this work?

Johs

* Re: Colors in emacs?
@ 2004-10-29 20:16   ` JS
From: JS @ 2004-10-29 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:19:14 +0000, kgold wrote:

> "JS" <dsa.@asdf.com> writes:
>> How do I get colors to work in emacs when you write "fun, if then else" etc?
>> I have also heard that emacs makes purple parenteses if there is a wrong
>> number of them, how do I make this work?
>
> In some versions of emacs, colors work "out of the box".  In others,
> you have to turn them on, and they might not work in terminal mode.
>
> Try this:
>
> ; turn on font lock in all modes which support it
>
> (require 'font-lock)
> (global-font-lock-mode 1)
> (setq font-lock-support-mode 'lazy-lock-mode)
>
> ; do as much colorizing as possible
>
> (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
> (require 'ctypes)
> (ctypes-auto-parse-mode 1)
>

> For parenthesis matching stuff:
>
> ; parenthesis matching
> (require 'mic-paren) ; loading
> (paren-activate)     ; activating
> (setq paren-highlight-offscreen t)
> (setq paren-sexp-mode 'mismatch)
>

> Once it's working, you can create colors you like.

Do I just add these line to the .emacs file somewhere I like?

Johs

* Re: Colors in emacs?
@ 2004-10-29 20:19 ` kgold
From: kgold @ 2004-10-29 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2004-10-29 22:10     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2004-10-29 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

JS <asd@asd.com> writes:

> Do I just add these line to the .emacs file somewhere I like?

Exactly.

Regards,
Tassilo

* Re: Colors in emacs?