all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Three cheers for Stefan!
@ 2018-06-07 19:55 Jefferson Carpenter
From: Jefferson Carpenter @ 2018-06-07 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier is highly active on this and other Emacs lists, very
knowledgeable, and personable as well.  Keep it up, Stefan!

- Jefferson

* Re: Three cheers for Stefan!
@ 2018-06-08  0:12 ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2018-06-08  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jefferson Carpenter; +Cc: emacs-devel

Jefferson Carpenter <jeffersoncarpenter2@gmail.com> writes:

1+! Emacs Community wouldn't be what it is without him.> Stefan Monnier is highly active on this and other Emacs lists, very
> knowledgeable, and personable as well.  Keep it up, Stefan!
>
> - Jefferson

* Re: Three cheers for Stefan!
@ 2018-06-08  6:37 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-06-08  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jefferson Carpenter; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Jefferson Carpenter <jeffersoncarpenter2@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 19:55:36 +0000
>
> Stefan Monnier is highly active on this and other Emacs lists, very
> knowledgeable, and personable as well.  Keep it up, Stefan!

Seconded.

* Re: Three cheers for Stefan!
@ 2018-06-08 11:51   ` Van L
From: Van L @ 2018-06-08 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

>> Keep it up, Stefan!

Third.

* Re: Three cheers for Stefan!
@ 2018-06-10  2:26 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2018-06-10  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jefferson Carpenter; +Cc: emacs-devel

  > Stefan Monnier is highly active on this and other Emacs lists, very
  > knowledgeable, and personable as well.  Keep it up, Stefan!

I only wish Stefan would join Eli as maintainer of Emacs once again.

--
Dr Richard Stallman

* Re: Three cheers for Stefan!
@ 2018-06-10  2:37   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2018-06-10  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > Stefan Monnier is highly active on this and other Emacs lists, very
>   > knowledgeable, and personable as well.  Keep it up, Stefan!
>
> I only wish Stefan would join Eli as maintainer of Emacs once again.

But really, has that title (or its lack) helped or hindered either of
them as they've kept this software alive and growing?

* Re: Three cheers for Stefan!
@ 2018-06-10  3:40   ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2018-06-10  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: Jefferson Carpenter, emacs-devel

>> Stefan Monnier is highly active on this and other Emacs lists, very
>> knowledgeable, and personable as well. Keep it up, Stefan!

RS> I only wish Stefan would join Eli as maintainer of Emacs once again.

I second that, vociferously.

* Re: Three cheers for Stefan!
@ 2018-06-10 10:40   ` Basil L. Contovounesios
From: Basil L. Contovounesios @ 2018-06-10 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Jefferson Carpenter, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Jefferson Carpenter <jeffersoncarpenter2@gmail.com>
>> Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 19:55:36 +0000
>>
>> Stefan Monnier is highly active on this and other Emacs lists, very
>> knowledgeable, and personable as well.  Keep it up, Stefan!
>
> Seconded.

Ditto.  I have learnt and benefitted greatly from lurking here and on
the Emacs Stack Exhange forum in the past year, and Stefan is no small
part of that.

Thanks everyone!

--
Basil