all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Is gmane.emacs.help the Newsgroup of ths list?
@ 2010-02-21 23:57 Joachim
From: Joachim @ 2010-02-21 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

BTW,

I read this mailing list by the newsgroup gmane.emacs.help, but I don't
see my questioning postings appearing there. The answers I get
(systematically or because they are addressed to my e-mail address in the
inbox of an IMAP account.

Therefore I ask: Is gmane.emacs.help the Newsgroup of ths list?

Had my questions regarding "Aquamacs Gnus - newsserver - how to configure"
appeared on this list?

(Might of course be a problem of using Opera browsers Mail&News part as
newsreader.=

joachim
--
MacBook Pro intel OSX 10.4.11 Tiger - Aquamacs Distribution 1.9
GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0)

* Re: Is gmane.emacs.help the Newsgroup of ths list?
       [not found] <mailman.1636.1266833596.14305.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-02-22 21:58 ` Colin S. Miller
From: Colin S. Miller @ 2010-02-22 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Joachim wrote:
> BTW,
>

> Therefore I ask: Is gmane.emacs.help the Newsgroup of ths list?

Joachim,
No. The newsgroup address for this group is gnu.emacs.help.
It is also bidirectionally mirrored onto a mailing list;
see http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-gnu-emacs
for details. gmane is a mailing list archiving site.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the hostname to reply.

* Re: Is gmane.emacs.help the Newsgroup of ths list?
@ 2010-02-22 23:01   ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2010-02-22 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin S. Miller; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 22.02.2010 um 22:58 schrieb Colin S. Miller:

> gmane is a mailing list archiving site.

Ah! There's a header element which, when set in the outgoing mail,
prevents it from being stored...

--
Greetings

   Pete