all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* No filenames in Buffers menu
@ 2009-11-01 17:31 Peter Flynn
From: Peter Flynn @ 2009-11-01 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I just installed Ubuntu 9.10, and added Emacs 22.
Everything works fine except that when I have multiple files visited,
there are no filenames in the Buffers menu, only the following:

*GNU Emacs* %
*scratch*
*Messages* *
---------------
Next Buffer      (C-x <C-right>)
Previous Buffer   (C-x <C-left>)
Select Named Buffer...   (C-x b)
List All Buffers       (C-x C-b)

This doesn't seem right: how do I navigate to all my other open files
unless I use C-x b and start typing the name (and some are quite long
and similar to others)?

Was there a reason behind taking this facility away? I can't see
anywhere in the Options for putting it back the way it always has been.

///Peter