all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* AW: Question about Latex Style files
@ 2023-11-06 16:47 Alois Steindl
From: Alois Steindl @ 2023-11-06 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime, Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Hello, on https://tug.org/begin.html you could find a lot of useful links.Further I would recommend the LaTeX Companion, which should answer quite all possible questions.Good luck Alois------ Originalnachricht------Von: HeimeDatum: Mo., 6. Nov. 2023 17:15An: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor;Cc: Betreff:Question about Latex Style filesIs there any place where I can ask a question about Latex Style files ?

* Re: AW: Question about Latex Style files
@ 2023-11-07  8:40 ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2023-11-07  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alois Steindl; +Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

In this code, the third level picks up the colour value from level two.
But I want the third level to take the default red colour value.

How does one apply a default set of keys at the start of each environment
exactly ? Shouldn't \keys_set:nn {tlapis_keys} {#1} do that ?

    \documentclass[a4paper,10pt]{article}
    \usepackage{xcolor}
    \usepackage{enumitem}

    \ExplSyntaxOn

    \makeatletter
    \setlistdepth{13}
    \newlist{wvTlaps}{enumerate}{13}
    \setlist[wvTlaps]
      {
        label=$\langle$\the\enit@depth$\rangle$\arabic*.,
        left=0pt, parsep=0pt, itemindent=8pt,
      }
    \makeatother

    \tl_new:N \l_tlapis_kl_tl
    \tl_new:N \l_tlapis_lv_tl

    \keys_define:nn { tlapis_keys }
      %% Define Key-Value Interface within namespace tlapis_keys.
      {
        kl .tl_set:N = \l_tlapis_kl_tl,
        kl .default:n = {red},
        kl .initial:n = {red},

        lv .tl_set:N = \l_tlapis_lv_tl,
        lv .default:n = {},
        lv .initial:n = {},
      }

    \NewDocumentEnvironment {wvTlapis} { O{} }
        {
          \keys_set:nn {tlapis_keys} {#1}

          \tl_if_empty:NTF {\l_tlapis_lv_tl}
              {
                \begin{wvTlaps}[format=\color{\l_tlapis_kl_tl}]
              }
            {
              \begin{wvTlaps}
                [format=\color{\l_tlapis_kl_tl},
                 label=$\langle$\l_tlapis_lv_tl$\rangle$\arabic*.]
            }
          }
        { \end{wvTlaps} }

    \ExplSyntaxOff

    \begin{document}

    \begin{wvTlapis}
        \item First level
        \begin{wvTlapis}[kl=green]
            \item Second level
            \begin{wvTlapis}
                \item Third level
            \end{wvTlapis}
        \end{wvTlapis}
    \end{wvTlapis}

    \end{document}

@ 2023-11-17 19:23   ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2023-11-17 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: Alois Steindl, Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 at 8:40 PM, Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:

> In this code, the third level picks up the colour value from level two.
> But I want the third level to take the default red colour value.
>
> How does one apply a default set of keys at the start of each environment
> exactly ? Shouldn't \keys_set:nn {tlapis_keys} {#1} do that ?
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,10pt]{article}
> \usepackage{xcolor}
> \usepackage{enumitem}
>
> \ExplSyntaxOn
>
> \makeatletter
> \setlistdepth{13}
> \newlist{wvTlaps}{enumerate}{13}
> \setlist[wvTlaps]
> {
> label=$\langle$\the\enit@depth$\rangle$\arabic*.,
> left=0pt, parsep=0pt, itemindent=8pt,
> }
> \makeatother
>
> \tl_new:N \l_tlapis_kl_tl
> \tl_new:N \l_tlapis_lv_tl
>
> \keys_define:nn { tlapis_keys }
> %% Define Key-Value Interface within namespace tlapis_keys.
> {
> kl .tl_set:N = \l_tlapis_kl_tl,
> kl .default:n = {red},
> kl .initial:n = {red},
>
> lv .tl_set:N = \l_tlapis_lv_tl,
> lv .default:n = {},
> lv .initial:n = {},
> }
>
> \NewDocumentEnvironment {wvTlapis} { O{} }
> {
> \keys_set:nn {tlapis_keys} {#1}
>
> \tl_if_empty:NTF {\l_tlapis_lv_tl}
> {
> \begin{wvTlaps}[format=\color{\l_tlapis_kl_tl}]
> }
> {
> \begin{wvTlaps}
> [format=\color{\l_tlapis_kl_tl},
> label=$\langle$\l_tlapis_lv_tl$\rangle$\arabic*.]
> }
> }
> { \end{wvTlaps} }
>
> \ExplSyntaxOff
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{wvTlapis}
> \item First level
> \begin{wvTlapis}[kl=green]
> \item Second level
> \begin{wvTlapis}
> \item Third level
> \end{wvTlapis}
> \end{wvTlapis}
> \end{wvTlapis}
>
> \end{document}

I want to see how I can handle package options using expl3, but have not found useful
information about how to do it.  The Latex Team provide help in Tex Stack Exchange,
an amazingly terrible place to ask for help.