all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Changing string from completing-read to height for buffer-face-mode-invoke
@ 2024-06-23 10:36 Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-06-23 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

I am using the function falfont to change the font of a buffer or frame.

Do I need to change face-height to an integer rather than keeping it as a string ?

(require 'face-remap)

(defvar faljura t
  "A boolean variable that is true by default.")

(defun falfont (face-family face-height)

  (interactive

    (list

      (let ( (cseq '("Wargames" "URW Chancery L")) )

        (completing-read " Family Name: " cseq nil t "URW Chancery L"))

      (let ( (hseq '("220" "120")) )

        (completing-read " Face Height: " hseq nil t "80")) ))

  (pcase face-family

    ("Wargames"

         (if faljura

             (buffer-face-mode-invoke '(:family face-family :height face-height) t)

           (set-face-attribute 'default nil :family face-family :height face-height)))

    ("URW Chancery L"

         (if faljura

             (buffer-face-mode-invoke '(:family face-family :height face-height) t)

           (set-face-attribute 'default nil :family face-family :height face-height)))))

* Re: Changing string from completing-read to height for buffer-face-mode-invoke
@ 2024-06-23 11:30 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-06-23 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 10:36:30 +0000
> From: Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com>
>
> I am using the function falfont to change the font of a buffer or frame.
>
> Do I need to change face-height to an integer rather than keeping it as a string ?

Yes.

* Re: Changing string from completing-read to height for buffer-face-mode-invoke
@ 2024-06-23 12:25   ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-06-23 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 at 11:30 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 10:36:30 +0000
> > From: Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com
> >
> > I am using the function falfont to change the font of a buffer or frame.
> >
> > Do I need to change face-height to an integer rather than keeping it as a string ?
>
> Yes.

What function would help me do the conversion ?

* Re: Changing string from completing-read to height for buffer-face-mode-invoke
@ 2024-06-23 12:35     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-06-23 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 12:25:42 +0000
> From: Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>

> On Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 at 11:30 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > > Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 10:36:30 +0000
> > > From: Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com
> > >
> > > I am using the function falfont to change the font of a buffer or frame.
> > >
> > > Do I need to change face-height to an integer rather than keeping it as a string ?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> What function would help me do the conversion ?

string-to-number

* Re: Changing string from completing-read to height for buffer-face-mode-invoke
@ 2024-06-23 13:14       ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-06-23 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 at 12:35 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 12:25:42 +0000
> > From: Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

> > > Yes.
> >
> > What function would help me do the conversion ?
>
> string-to-number

I do not see the new font being activated with this version

  (pcase face-family

    ("Wargames"

         (if montejura

             (buffer-face-mode-invoke '(:family face-family :height (string-to-number face-height)) t)

           (set-face-attribute 'default nil :family face-family :height (string-to-number face-height))))