all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Tramp always wants password when using cscope
@ 2009-08-22  3:50 Neil Baylis
       [not found] ` <mailman.5230.1251097197.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Neil Baylis @ 2009-08-22  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm using emacs 23.1 to access a large remote source tree that has a
cscope index at the top. Initially it wouldn't work at all because it
was running the local cscope instead of the remote one, but I found a
solution for that by searchingthe web. It was necessary to change some
functions within xcscope.el. So, now it correctly runs the remote
cscope instead of the local one, but it doesn't make use of the
password cache. Every time I do any cscope related task, it starts a
new remote shell and asks for the password again. The password cache
works correctly for opening named files and directories, it's just the
cscope related functions that don't work.

Is there a newer version of xcscope.el that I should be using that
corrects these problems?