all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* erc connection problems
@ 2016-04-17 19:35 B. T. Raven
From: B. T. Raven @ 2016-04-17 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Often but not always I get the following error when trying to start erc:
Connecting to irc.freenode.net:6667...
open-network-stream: make client process failed: connection timed out,
:name, erc-irc.freenode.net-6667, :buffer, nil, :host, irc.freenode.net,
:service, 6667, :nowait, nil

This usually happens with irc.dal.net server but sometimes with other
ones. Is this and irc network problem or is there something I can do in
my .emacs to alleviate the problem? Specifically is "... connection
timed out" caused by something in my setup? Usually the firefox
chatzilla plugin works when erc does not.

Thanks in advance for any help or at least insight into the problem,

Ed

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-04-17 19:35 UTC | newest]