all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* font locking problem
@ 2004-05-04  2:32 Lowell Kirsh
From: Lowell Kirsh @ 2004-05-04  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am having emacs problems. First, here is my entire .emacs file:

(require 'font-lock)
(require 'lazy-lock)
(global-font-lock-mode t)
(setq font-lock-support-mode 'lazy-lock-mode)

Now here's my problem: I start up (GNU) emacs and then try to visit a
java file. The computer beeps and in the minibuffer it says:

"Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil"

and doesn't display the file on the screen. But when I do a C-x b, it
shows that the file has been loaded into a buffer. And there's one more
problem - the java file buffer thinks it's been modified, even though it
hasn't. When visiting that buffer, I try to undo but there is "no more
undo information".

Any ideas? This seems like a bug to me, but I don't want to jump to
conclusions too soon.

Lowell