all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs or microemacs for android or java
@ 2015-10-01 23:31 vjp2.at
From: vjp2.at @ 2015-10-01 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Does anyone know of any small emacs-like notepad?

				    - = -
		    http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
  ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.  Everything fully disclaimed.}---

* Re: emacs or microemacs for android or java
@ 2015-10-02  1:25 ` Javier
From: Javier @ 2015-10-02  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

vjp2.at@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> Does anyone know of any small emacs-like notepad?

joe seems to exist for android

http://joe-editor.sourceforge.net/
http://www.konstantin-schauwecker.de/joe-android.php

It emulates emacs when invoked as jmacs, so it should do the job.

jed would be better but doesn't seem to be implemented for android or java,

http://www.jedsoft.org/jed/index.html

* Re: emacs or microemacs for android or java
@ 2015-10-02  8:13 ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2015-10-02  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vjp2.at, help-gnu-emacs

Android has a version of emacs in the google play store.  I had it on my
tablet for a short time then dumped it.  I don't need a freaking
keyboard taking up any screen real estate and don't get me started on
ads taking up screen real estate either!  That product throws up a
keyboard that covers much of the screen.  Fortunately I didn't have to
request a refund for that product.

@ 2015-10-02 18:08 ` Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo @ 2015-10-02 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com writes:

> Does anyone know of any small emacs-like notepad?

You can always ssh to a machine with real working emacs and use it
from the terminal interface. JuiceSSH is quite good for that, but
there are also free options.

--
Jorge.