all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs: The Awakening
@ 2015-07-11  4:26 Nikolay Kudryavtsev
From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev @ 2015-07-11  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

A few years ago, one of my colleagues had given me a CD with an archive
of some mostly Sci-Fi library that was originally hosted on FIDO.
Recently I've been looking around that CD and found a short story about
emacs written in 1994. It is somewhat generic, but kind of fun in hindsight.

If anyone's interested, I've posted it here. <http://pastebin.com/GmGBRUdb>

--
Best Regards,
Nikolay Kudryavtsev

* Re: Emacs: The Awakening
@ 2015-07-11  6:52 ` Vaidheeswaran C
From: Vaidheeswaran C @ 2015-07-11  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Saturday 11 July 2015 09:56 AM, Nikolay Kudryavtsev wrote:

> <http://pastebin.com/GmGBRUdb>

Nice one.  Thanks.

* Re: Emacs: The Awakening
@ 2015-07-11 19:04 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2015-07-11 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nikolay Kudryavtsev <nikolay.kudryavtsev@gmail.com>
writes:

> A few years ago, one of my colleagues had given me
> a CD with an archive of some mostly Sci-Fi library
> that was originally hosted on FIDO. Recently I've been
> looking around that CD and found a short story about
> emacs written in 1994. It is somewhat generic, but
> kind of fun in hindsight.
>
> If anyone's interested, I've posted it here.
> <http://pastebin.com/GmGBRUdb>

FidoNet, basically a bunch of BBSes.

I have an Emacs story somewhere... Stay tuned.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573