all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Ravi D'Elia <ravijdelia@gmail.com>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: Andrea Corallo <acorallo@gnu.org>, 72025@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#72025: SEGFAULT when using corfu and lsp-mode with clangd
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2024 11:27:00 -0400	[thread overview]

On 24/07/10 05:37PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Andrea Corallo <acorallo@gnu.org>
>> Cc: ravijdelia@gmail.com,  72025@debbugs.gnu.org
>> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2024 10:07:28 -0400

>> > I think he already ran Emacs from GDB, but his Emacs is stripped of
>> > debugging symbols, so GDB couldn't display anything useful.  So the
>> > procedures you mention will not help.
>>
>> Right, do you we if typically distros strip our binary and this is
>> probably the case?
>
>I don't know if this is the rule (I think the rule is to offer a
>separate package with debug info, and if GDB supports debuginfod
>servers, it can download the debug info at the beginning of a
>session).  But clearly in this case the binary was stripped by
>someone.

Sorry about the backtrace, I did indeed use gdb but didn't have
the debugging symbols to make it useful. My distro (arch) does
ship a stripped binary with a separate debug package but I'm having
difficulties due to (I think) some packaging mishap on my end.  While
I take that up on my distro's forum, I'm going to try and build with
debugging info. I'll send in the backtrace when one of these bears
fruit. Didn't expect to have my computer on me, otherwise I would have
figured this out first.