all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
To: Sascha Wilde <wilde@sha-bang.de>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Year 2038 problem with calendar (Bad holiday list items)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:37:50 -0400	[thread overview]

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Works for me.

OK, now I can reproduce it on a 32-bit system. As has been said, it's
because things like:

(encode-time 1 0 0 1 1 2039)

fail on such systems ("specified time is not representable").

> (setq calendar-dst-check-each-year-flag nil)

This does avoid the problem for me.

I will see if this can be handled more gracefully, but I see no need
for this to be changed before the release of Emacs 22. Assuming, as
Nick says, that this happens in the next 30 years...