all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Gnu Emacs +MikTex +Yap
@ 2005-12-20 22:35 Overbeck
From: Overbeck @ 2005-12-20 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've seen this asked but not really answered:

In my "out-of-the-box" emacs 21.3, TeXMode view is set to "dvi2tty" which is
not implemented in MikTex. I've changed the variable in all sorts of ways
including putting (setq tex-dvi-view-command "yap") in .emacs.

On loading a .tex file, the "TeX View" command is grayed out. If I make some
kind of change and "TeX File" it, the "TeX View" command is now present.
Clicking on that (or going C-c C-v) does nothing! No Yap, no message in the
Shell window..., nothing!

If I make another (unnecessary) change and TeX File again, I get a blank Yap
window with "Filename (Not Responding) in the title bar.

My question is:

Has *anyone* successfully set up Yap in MikTex with GNU Emacs on Windows XP?
If so, *how*?

Many TIA,

Buz Overbeck