all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* python.el, shell-send-region and exception handling
@ 2015-01-09 15:35 Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2015-01-09 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a way to have python-shell-send-region (and friends) to detect
uncaught exceptions at the python prompt?

I would like to be notified somehow of python exceptions either in the
minibuffer or by splitting the window and showing python's output.
Currently, uncaught exceptions simply go unnoticed if you don't have the
output buffer visible.

This is done currently in python-mode.el, but I couldn't find an
alternative in python.el.

Thanks.

* python.el, shell-send-region and exception handling
@ 2015-01-09 20:29 Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2015-01-09 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Is there a way to have python-shell-send-region (and friends) to detect
uncaught exceptions at the python prompt?

I would like to be notified somehow of python exceptions either in the
minibuffer or by splitting the window and showing python's output.
Currently, uncaught exceptions simply go unnoticed if you don't have the
output buffer visible.

This is done currently in python-mode.el, but I couldn't find an
alternative in python.el.

If I wanted to implement such a feature, how would you suggest to
implement it?

Thanks.