all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* try-completion not showing all possible completions?
@ 2006-01-04  1:09 Chris Mears
From: Chris Mears @ 2006-01-04  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

Executing the following code:

    (let ((table (make-vector 1021 0)))
      (intern "johnny jones" table)
      (intern "joe blow" table)
      (intern "jimi hendrix" table)
      (try-completion "j" table (lambda (s) (princ (format "%s\n" s)))))

I would expect the output to be all three names in the table.  However,
in the current CVS Emacs it produces:

    johnny jones
    jimi hendrix
    "j"

"joe blow" has been omitted.  I tested the same code in Emacs 21.4.1 and
it does what I expected:

    johnny jones
    jimi hendrix
    joe blow