Thierry Volpiatto writes: > Joel James Adamson writes: > >> Andrea Crotti writes: >> >>> This is probably very stupid but every time I step into it and it's very >>> annoying. >>> >>> Supposing I want to copy something from Safari to emacs. >>> So I >>> - select and copy >>> - select and kill the text I want to substitute >>> - try to paste >>> >>> ARGH! Now the text I copied from safari is disappeared... >>> >>> A workardound is to delete first and then copy-paste. >>> But is there a smarter way to solve this? >>> Something like >>> "if I copied something from the os keep it as first in the kill ring"? >> >> How about drag and drop? Does that work on OS X? Select the text, then >> drag it to Emacs. That's usually what I do when I want to go from >> Firefox to Emacs. > > You can't do that if emacs and firefox are on differents desktops. > But you can use mouse2 (don't know for OSX). > You can use that also: Hi Thierry, What do you mean I can't? I do that all the time. Do you mean desktops as in virtual desktops, as in many X window managers? As I said, I do it all the time. Joel -- Joel J. Adamson FSF Member #8164 http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj