all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* print command postscript print buffer
@ 2004-01-08 14:23 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2004-01-08 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw

Hello,

I want to print several files with the 'postscript print buffer
(B+W)'-command at once. I know that it is possible to mark the files
under 'dired' and print these, but that is no postscript-printing. Is
there a different way to do that or does anybody know the command for
the 'bash'?

Greetings!
Fabian

* Re: print command postscript print buffer
       [not found] <mailman.225.1073575394.928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-01-08 14:47 ` Peter Boettcher
From: Peter Boettcher @ 2004-01-08 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> I want to print several files with the 'postscript print buffer
> (B+W)'-command at once. I know that it is possible to mark the files
> under 'dired' and print these, but that is no
> postscript-printing. Is there a different way to do that or does
> anybody know the command for the 'bash'?

I use this:  mark 'em in dired first, then run the command

(defun dired-ps-print-files ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((files-to-print (dired-get-marked-files)))
    (while (setq file (car files-to-print))
      (setq files-to-print (cdr files-to-print))
      (find-file file)
      (ps-print-buffer-with-faces)
      (kill-buffer nil))))

--
Peter Boettcher
MIT Lincoln Laboratory

* Re: print command postscript print buffer
@ 2004-01-08 19:20   ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2004-01-08 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw

Hello,

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 15:47, Peter Boettcher wrote:

> I use this:  mark 'em in dired first, then run the command
>
> (defun dired-ps-print-files ()
>   (interactive)
>   (let ((files-to-print (dired-get-marked-files)))
>     (while (setq file (car files-to-print))
>       (setq files-to-print (cdr files-to-print))
>       (find-file file)
>       (ps-print-buffer-with-faces)
>       (kill-buffer nil))))
Works nice. Thanks!