all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cleaning up ones ~/.emacs
@ 2004-01-19  1:18 Patrick Drechsler
From: Patrick Drechsler @ 2004-01-19  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

is there something comparable with LaTeX's `\listfiles' command
for emacs? Would be quite helpfull for cleaning up my
~/.emacs configuration for this decade.

TIA,

Patrick
--
Do you remember when you only had to pay
for windows when *you* broke them?

* Re: cleaning up ones ~/.emacs
@ 2004-01-19  1:23 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2004-01-19  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Drechsler <patrick.drechsler@gmx.net> writes:

> is there something comparable with LaTeX's `\listfiles' command
> for emacs? Would be quite helpfull for cleaning up my
> ~/.emacs configuration for this decade.

Switch to the *Messages* buffer after you started Emacs, and it should
show what lisp files were loaded during startup.

* Re: cleaning up ones ~/.emacs
@ 2004-01-19  9:05   ` Patrick Drechsler
From: Patrick Drechsler @ 2004-01-19  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg wrote on 19 Jan 2004 02:23:49 MET:

> Patrick Drechsler <patrick.drechsler@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> is there something comparable with LaTeX's `\listfiles' command
>> for emacs? Would be quite helpfull for cleaning up my
>> ~/.emacs configuration for this decade.
>
> Switch to the *Messages* buffer after you started Emacs, and it should
> show what lisp files were loaded during startup.

thanks ...yes, of course, sorry for the traffic... *blush*

Patrick
--
Fortune cookie of the day:
The problem with graduate students, in general, is that they have

* Re: cleaning up ones ~/.emacs
@ 2004-01-29  8:00 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-01-29  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Drechsler <patrick.drechsler@gmx.net> writes:

> is there something comparable with LaTeX's `\listfiles' command
> for emacs? Would be quite helpfull for cleaning up my
> ~/.emacs configuration for this decade.

See also the variable load-history.

Kai

* Re: cleaning up ones ~/.emacs
@ 2004-01-29  8:38   ` Patrick Drechsler
From: Patrick Drechsler @ 2004-01-29  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann wrote on 29 Jan 2004 09:00:56 MET:

> Patrick Drechsler <patrick.drechsler@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> is there something comparable with LaTeX's `\listfiles' command
>> for emacs? Would be quite helpfull for cleaning up my
>> ~/.emacs configuration for this decade.
>
> See also the variable load-history.

With this and taking a look at the message buffer I should be
able to do some cleaning up.

Thank you Kai!

Cheers

Patrick
--
Emacs is for people who desperately want to get drunk, but feel guilty
doing so without a reason.