all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* fontconfig glyph lookup code
@ 2008-07-21 20:51 James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2008-07-21 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

There is an interesting conversation over on the fontconfig list.

Seems fontconfig has some glyph lookup support, but not all apps/libs
use it.  The discussion mentioned that pango uses it, and it looks like
cairo soon will.

Does emacs?

Should emacs?

It covers things like type1 symbol and expert fonts.  And allows
fonts.conf to do things like map the current preffered ucs chars
for Romanian ţş¹ to the encodings used by older fonts.  (Which is
what started the thread.)

1] I’m not sure whether I want commas or cedillas there; it looks
   like I got cedillas....

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-07-21 20:51 UTC | newest]