Richard Stallman writes: > Your patch is large enough we need legal papers to use it. I think this is already done. I sent papers for past and future changes to Emacs some time ago and already got a confirmation from the FSF's office. > I will tell you more in another message. We also need change log > entries in order to install it. Could you write those? Is this o.K? * gamegrid.el (gamegrid-face): new variable to emulate a buffer-local default face. (gamegrid-xbm): new variable; XBM image as a replacement for `gamegrid-xpm' on Emacsen compiled without XPM-support. (gamegrid-make-color-tty-face): Accept a string (= the colour) as well as a symbol (= a variable holding the colour-string) as argument. (gamegrid-colorize-glyph): Replace XEmacs-code for the generation of images through Emacs-code. (gamegrid-match-spec): Call `gamegrid-make-image-from-vector' to convert XEmacs-type image descriptors. (gamegrid-color-display-p): Removed. (Use `display-colors-p' instead.) (gamegrid-make-image-from-vector): New function. Convert XEmacs' image descriptors. (gamegrid-display-type): Use Emacs' standard `display-.*-p' functions to check for display capabilities. Fix the recognition of image-support in Emacs 21 by this way. (gamegrid-hide-cursor): Removed. (gamegrid-setup-default-font): Ported the code from XEmacs to Emacs: create a new face and assign the variable `gamegrid-face' to it. Make sure that the face is not higher than the smallest image used by the game. (gamegrid-initialize-display): Use `(setq cursor-type nil)' instead of `gamegrid-hide-cursor'. (gamegrid-set-face): If `gamegrid-display-mode' is 'glyph, put an image in the buffer, instead of applying a face. [This is because Emacs display-tables are not as capable as the display-tables in XEmacs. Maybe this function should be renamed to reflect the change?] (gamegrid-init-buffer): Use `insert' instead of `insert-string'. If `gamegrid-display-mode' is 'glyph, put the face held by `gamegrid-face' in an overlay over the whole buffer to emulate a buffer-local default-face. I attached the latest version of my patch. -- Oliver