all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* nXML mailing list
@ 2007-12-07 22:55 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-12-07 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dear all,

Since now FSF has taken over the maintenance of of nXML, would it be
wise to ask users of the nXML to direct bug reports to emacs-devel?

Cheers,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

          Use the best OS -- http://www.fedoraproject.org/

From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-12-08 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

    Since now FSF has taken over the maintenance of of nXML, would it be
    wise to ask users of the nXML to direct bug reports to emacs-devel?

We direct Emacs bug reports to bug-gnu-emacs and emacs-pretest-bug.
That's true for everything in the Emacs distribution.
Do you see a specific reason to say something specifically about nXML?

* Re: nXML mailing list
@ 2007-12-08 21:04   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-12-08 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 2007-12-08 19:15 +0000, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Since now FSF has taken over the maintenance of of nXML, would it be
>     wise to ask users of the nXML to direct bug reports to emacs-devel?
>
> We direct Emacs bug reports to bug-gnu-emacs and emacs-pretest-bug.
> That's true for everything in the Emacs distribution.
> Do you see a specific reason to say something specifically about nXML?

There is a separate mailing list for nXML existing before the
merge. Quite a few users of nXML are still active in that list. Someone
probably should write to that list to invite them to divert bugs to
emacs-devel.

BTW, the nXML mailing list is a yahoo group and I can not post to it.

HTH,
--

@ 2007-12-09  1:41     ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-12-09  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo, emacs-nxml-mode; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

Leo wrote:
> On 2007-12-08 19:15 +0000, Richard Stallman wrote:
>>     Since now FSF has taken over the maintenance of of nXML, would it be
>>     wise to ask users of the nXML to direct bug reports to emacs-devel?
>>
>> We direct Emacs bug reports to bug-gnu-emacs and emacs-pretest-bug.
>> That's true for everything in the Emacs distribution.
>> Do you see a specific reason to say something specifically about nXML?
>
> There is a separate mailing list for nXML existing before the
> merge. Quite a few users of nXML are still active in that list. Someone
> probably should write to that list to invite them to divert bugs to
> emacs-devel.
>
> BTW, the nXML mailing list is a yahoo group and I can not post to it.

Ok, I have added nxml mailing list here now. I believe people there are
aware that nxml is beeing merged into Emacs, but I do not know what to
do with bugs at the moment.

Is there anyone on the nxml mailing list that is using the CVS version
of Emacs currently?

I believe there might be a couple of bug fixes that are not in the nxml
sources that have been added to Emacs, but I am not sure.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:emacs-nxml-mode-digest@yahoogroups.com
    mailto:emacs-nxml-mode-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

* Re: nXML mailing list
@ 2007-12-10 20:40       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2007-12-10 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-nxml-mode; +Cc: emacs-devel

> On 09/12/2007, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, I have added nxml mailing list here now. I believe people there are
> aware that nxml is beeing merged into Emacs, but I do not know what to
> do with bugs at the moment.

I wasn't aware of it.  But it's good news.  nxml-mode is incredibly good
shape for a piece of software that's been on its own for 3.5(?) years,
but it's good to that such an essential (for me) piece of software will
have an active maintainer again.