all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Bug in completion
@ 2007-02-19 22:17 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-02-19 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

This fails in a recent version; would someone please fix it?

If the symbols as alist keys are replaced with strings, it does
not fail.  However, both cases are supposed to work.
So this is a bug.

To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
From: John J Foerch <jjfoerch@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:53:42 -0500
Subject: completing-read

Hello,

The following code exhibits a behavior of completing-read that I would call a
bug.  Or am I missing something?

(let ((table '((foo . "you selected foo")
               (foobar . "you selected foobar"))))
  (completing-read "Symbol: " table nil 'require-match))

The unexpected behavior is that it is impossible to select `foo'.

Thanks,
John Foerch

* Re: Bug in completion
@ 2007-02-19 22:54 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2007-02-19 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> This fails in a recent version; would someone please fix it?

I have installed a fix.

> If the symbols as alist keys are replaced with strings, it does
> not fail.  However, both cases are supposed to work.
> So this is a bug.
>

> From: John J Foerch <jjfoerch@earthlink.net>
> Subject: completing-read
> To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:53:42 -0500
>
> Hello,
>
> The following code exhibits a behavior of completing-read that I would call a
> bug.  Or am I missing something?
>
> (let ((table '((foo . "you selected foo")
>                (foobar . "you selected foobar"))))
>   (completing-read "Symbol: " table nil 'require-match))
>
> The unexpected behavior is that it is impossible to select `foo'.
>
> Thanks,
> John Foerch

* Re: Bug in completion
@ 2007-02-20  1:48 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-02-20  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I updated emacs from cvs and compiled on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 01:44:43 (GMT)

and this code works to me... maybe somebody has already solved it in the meantime...

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 11
> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:17:38 -0500
> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Subject: Bug in completion
> To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> This fails in a recent version; would someone please fix it?
>
> If the symbols as alist keys are replaced with strings, it does
> not fail.  However, both cases are supposed to work.
> So this is a bug.

> To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> From: John J Foerch <jjfoerch@earthlink.net>
> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:53:42 -0500
> Subject: completing-read
>
> Hello,
>
> The following code exhibits a behavior of completing-read that I would call a
> bug.  Or am I missing something?
>
> (let ((table '((foo . "you selected foo")
>                (foobar . "you selected foobar"))))
>   (completing-read "Symbol: " table nil 'require-match))
>
> The unexpected behavior is that it is impossible to select `foo'.
>
> Thanks,
> John Foerch>

* Re: Bug in completion
@ 2007-02-20 10:05 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2007-02-20 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: emacs-devel

A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr> writes:

> I updated emacs from cvs and compiled on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 01:44:43 (GMT)
>
> and this code works to me... maybe somebody has already solved it in the meantime...

I fixed it 12 hours ago...