George McNinch writes: > Hi Thomas, > > TF> With your eudc-ldap-bbdb-conversion-alist workaround still > TF> enabled, can you try the attached patch to see if it fixes > TF> exporting for you? > > Indeed, this works fine for me; thanks! > > >> Note also that the setting of eudc-ldap-bbdb-conversion-alist I > >> made above isn't quite the original value. If I instead use the > >> original value, e.g. by instead using the original value > >> > >> [which amounts to: > >> > >> (setq eudc-ldap-bbdb-conversion-alist `((name . cn) (net . mail) > >> (address eudc-bbdbify-address postaladdress "Address") (phone > >> (eudc-bbdbify-phone telephonenumber "Phone"))) > >> > >> > >> in the initialization of EUDC], > >> > >> then when I press "b" on a record in the *Directory Query > >> Results* buffer, I get the error > >> > >> eudc-bbdbify-phone: Symbol’s function definition is void: > >> bbdb-parse-phone-number > > TF> OK, this seems like a separate issue. I haven't investigated it > TF> yet. > > Right; should I have made a separate report, or is this OK? It's fine, we can work on it here. > -------------------------------------------- > By the way: > > I wonder: if bbdb really now uses "mail" instead of "net", I'd think > that (?) that eudc-ldap-bbdb-conversion-alist should instead read: > > (setq eudc-ldap-bbdb-conversion-alist > `((name . cn) > (mail . mail) > (address eudc-bbdbify-address postaladdress "Address"))) > > But that doesn't seem to work (I tried... I get then BBDB record with > *no* mail field at all). > > In general, I find it difficult to work out what can be used in that > alist. E.g. it seems that there is a key symbol ou for the record > passed to eudc-create-bbdb-record. > > So I tried adding the pair > > (Organizations . ou) > > to that alist, but it doens't seem to populate the "right part of the > BBDB record" - in fact, the BBDB record gets a new line with an > Organizations field, but it makes the BBDB unhappy (it eventually > complains of an "illegal field" or something). I'd hoped to populate the > bit that shows up to the right of the name when displaying the BBDB > record, which I thought was called "Organizations". > > I also tried (organization . ou) and (company . ou) and maybe a few > others, but nothing seemed to work and guessing doesn't seem so healthy, > and looking at the code in eudc-export.el doesn't seem like > > Well, this is a distraction, and only tangentially related to the patch, > but it does point out that it'd be nice to have a clearer definition of > the fields on both sides of this conversion...! Can you remove your eudc-ldap-bbdb-conversion-alist customization and try the attached patch? I think it will fix both the phone parsing and organization missing issues. I wouldn't worry about 'net unless you're customizing it directly. It's a change and I left the old 'net as the customization entry point, but it will get converted to 'mail depending on which version of BBDB is in use. Thomas