Chong Yidong writes: >> Just a reminder: we will begin the feature freeze for Emacs 23.1 at the >> end of this month. > > If anyone on this list has a patch that is still waiting for approval or > further comments, now would be a good time to ping. A long time ago, Lennart proposed to integrate a library implementing an easy way for resizing windows. See email <47BF64AF.1000105@gmail.com> on [emacs-devel] to jump back into this discussion. I attach the last version I'm aware of (0.96) of Lennart's windsize.el -- maybe this is not the latest version, Lennart can you confirm? As I had a slightly different approach and I coded windresize.el: http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/windresize.el Maybe one of these libraries could be part of Emacs at some point. You might also want to have a look at register-list.el, which let the user get a list of the registers, delete and edit them: http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/register-list.el