all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#4143: OS/X drag and drop bug report
@ 2009-08-14 17:56 A. Boveia
From: A. Boveia @ 2009-08-14 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

In earlier versions (e.g. 22.x), the Mac OS/X Emacs.app correctly
implemented drag and drop for the file icon in the frame title bar.
For example, while visiting a file "file.txt", I could drag this icon
into a Finder window and the file would be copied there, or I could
drag the icon into an email message and the file would be attached.

In this version (23.1.2), the drag does not always pick up the visited
file---instead it sometimes picks up the file corresponding to some
other buffer.

@ 2009-09-18 23:12 Adrian Robert
From: Adrian Robert @ 2009-09-18 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 4143; +Cc: A. Boveia

http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4143

> In this version (23.1.2), the drag does not always pick up the visited
> file---instead it sometimes picks up the file corresponding to some
> other buffer.

Is there any way you can narrow down the conditions under which this
happens?  Starting from invoking /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/
MacOS/Emacs -Q from Terminal command line if possible.

I could not reproduce it in some cursory attempts here.

thanks.

* bug#4143: OS/X drag and drop bug report
@ 2011-09-17  7:13 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-09-17  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Robert; +Cc: A. Boveia, 4143

Adrian Robert <adrian.b.robert@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there any way you can narrow down the conditions under which this
> happens?  Starting from invoking
> /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q from Terminal command
> line if possible.
>
> I could not reproduce it in some cursory attempts here.

More information was requested two years ago, but was apparently not
given, so I'm closing this bug report.  If the bug still exists, please
reopen the report.